Figuring out your macros, cooking, and cleaning up can be a lot of work.
It’s hard to know where to start with meal planning, especially if you’re trying to hit a specific macronutrient goal like protein or carbs.
This high-protein 2000-calorie meal plan takes the guesswork out of cooking, cleaning, and meal planning.
With three different days of recipes that provide 2000 calories and 175 grams of protein, this plan makes it easy for you to hit your target macros each day.
As an Amazon affiliate, I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you click on one of the links. Each item that is linked will be clearly defined.
About this 2000-calorie meal plan:
This plan outlines three sample days of eating at 2000 calories. Each day includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, and two snacks.
Not only will we cover the ingredients and recipes, but we will also provide the macros for each meal so that you can easily track your intake.
This meal plan provides 2000 calories, of which 35%, 35%, and 30% are dedicated to protein, carbohydrates, and fat.
- Percentage of calories from protein 35 %
- Percentage of calories from carbohydrates 35%
- Percentage of calories from dietary fat 30%
This 2000-calorie meal plan provides 35% of the daily caloric intake in the form of protein. This meal plan provides 175 grams of protein which is 700 calories from protein.
- Percentage of calories: 35% Protein
- Number of calories: 700 calories
- Number of grams: 175 grams of protein
This 2000-calorie meal plan provides 35% of the daily caloric intake in the form of carbohydrates. This meal plan provides 175 grams of carbohydrates which is 700 calories from carbohydrates.
- Percentage of calories: 35% carbohydrate
- Number of calories: 595 calories
- Number of grams: 175 grams of carbohydrate
This 2000-calorie meal plan provides 30% of the daily caloric intake in the form of dietary fat. This meal plan provides 67 grams of fat which is 600 calories from fat.
- Percentage of calories: 30% fats
- Number of calories: 600 calories
- Number of grams: 67 grams of fat
Is an important part of any diet. As general guidance for fiber intake, women should strive for 21-26 grams per day, and men should shoot for 31-38 grams per day.
This 2000-calorie meal plan, on average, provides 38 grams of fiber per day.
It is important to note that while I am a dietitian, I am not your dietitian. Please speak to your doctor or another registered dietitian to identify how many calories, grams of protein, fat, carbohydrates, and fiber you need per day.
If you’re looking for a better handle on your nutrition and want to start tracking your macros, I recommend using the Cronometer app. I developed this 2000-calorie meal plan using the app, which makes tracking your macros a breeze.
The app is free to download and use, and it’s a great way to ensure you’re getting all the nutrients you need. Plus, it can help you stick to your calorie goals. So if you’re serious about eating healthy and achieving your fitness goals, give Cronometer a try.
Sign up today and get 10% off a gold subscription.
Breakfast: Chocolate Baked Oats
- 1/2 Cup of oatmeal (Amazon Link)
- 1/4 Cup Fage, Total 2% Greek Yogurt (Amazon Link)
- 1/4 Cup Fairlife, Fat-Free Ultra-Filtered Milk (Amazon Link)
- 1 tbsp Honey (Amazon Link)
- 1 scoop Whey Protein Powder (Link)
- 1 Egg (Amazon Link)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract (Amazon Link)
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon, Ground (Amazon Link)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder (Amazon Link)
- 1/2 ounce Milk Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375F. Next, add all ingredients into the blender and blend for 1 minute. I find it easiest to use a personal blender like the ninja…
- You can either bake this batter in 2-3 small ramekins or pour it into a large 9×13 casserole dish. I like to make little personal-sized Chocolate Baked Oats because then I don’t have to share.
- Top with chocolate chips and bake for 25-30 min.
- Enjoy Warm!
Snacks: Greek Yogurt, Apple, and String Cheese
- 1 container of Greek Yogurt (Amazon Link)
- 1 medium Apple (Amazon Link)
- 1 oz String Cheese – Low-fat (Amazon Link)
Need more snack options, be sure to read the 65 Macro Friendly Snacks blog post.
Lunch: Tex-Mex Chopped Chicken Salad
- 1 cup chopped lettuce (Amazon Link)
- 1/3 cup Black Beans, Canned, Drained (Amazon Link)
- 1/3 cup Corn, Canned, Drained (Amazon Link)
- 3 oz Rotisserie Chicken (Amazon Link)
- 1/2 cup Tomato Diced (Amazon Link)
- 1/2 tbsp Jalapeno Diced (Amazon Link)
- 2 tbsp Onion chopped (Amazon Link)
- 1 tbsp Ranch Dressing (Amazon Link)
- 1 tbsp Salsa, Ready-to-Serve (Amazon Link)
- 1 oz Mild Cheddar Shredded Cheese (Amazon Link)
- 1 tbsp Tortilla Strips (Amazon Link)
- Start by chopping and preparing the lettuce, tomato, and jalapeno onion, and drain the black beans and corn. Set these ingredients aside.
- Next, shred the chicken into bite-size pieces. I like to use rotisserie chicken to make this salad easier and quicker, but you can certainly cook your chicken breasts if you prefer.
- Mix the prepared lettuce, black beans, corn, chicken, tomato, and jalapeno in a large bowl.
- To make the dressing, whisk together 1 tbsp each of ranch dressing and salsa. If you want a little more heat in your salad, add more salsa to taste.
- Pour the prepared dressing over the salad and mix everything until coated.
- Top with tortilla chips and shredded cheese.
Ingredients and Nutritionals for one serving of the Tex-Mex Chopped Salad
|465||39 g||36 g||20 g||10 g|
Snacks: Rx Bar and Hard Boiled Egg
- Rx Bar – Any flavor (Amazon Link)
- One Hard-boiled egg (Amazon Link)
|278||18 g||19 g||14 g||5 g|
Dinner: 4-ingredient Crockpot Chicken Tacos
- 2 lb. Chicken Breast (Amazon Link)
- 10 oz Chicken Broth (Amazon Link)
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes and jalapenos (Amazon Link)
- 1 packet of Taco seasoning (Amazon Link)
- In a large crock pot. Add chicken breast, broth, canned tomatoes, green chilis, and taco seasoning. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Once the chicken is cooked and easily shredded, please remove it from the crock pot and place it on a cutting board. Using 2 forks, shred the chicken.
- Serve immediately in tacos, burritos, enchiladas, or over rice.
The nutrition information is based on ~170 grams of shredded chicken and three 6″ corn tortillas, served with 1 tbsp cheese and salsa.
|439||49 g||35 g||11 g||5 g|
Breakfast: Meal Prep Breakfast Burritos
- Eggs 10 eggs (500.0 g) (Amazon Link)
- Egg Whites 25oz (708.7 g) (Amazon Link)
- Onion 1.5cup (291.2 g) (Amazon Link)
- Red Bell Peppers 1.5cup, chopped (223.5 g) (Amazon Link)
- Green Chili 10oz (283.5 g) (Amazon Link)
- Applegate Organics, Turkey Bacon 10 Slice (280.0 g) (Amazon Link)
- Sweet Potato, Baked 2 medium – 2″ diameter x 5″ (300.0 g) (Amazon Link)
- Olé, Extreme Wellness Tortillas(45.0 g) (Amazon Link)
- Mexican Cheese Blend, Shredded 3oz (85.0 g) (Amazon Link)
- In a large pan, heat and spray with nonstick spray. Add the eggs, egg whites, onion, bell peppers, and chili sauce. Cook on medium-high heat until the eggs are scrambled and the veggies are cooked to your preference.
- Cook turkey bacon in a separate pan.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Wrap each burrito by adding 1/6 of the egg mixture to the tortilla and 1/2 tablespoon of Mexican blend shredded cheese.
- Wrap the burritos in foil and refrigerate them for 3-5 days.
- When ready to eat, reheat in the microwave for 2-3 minutes until warm.
If you are not going to eat the breakfast burritos right away, you can store them in the fridge for 3-5 days.
To reheat, microwave them for 2-3 minutes or warm them up in a toaster oven.
To freeze, wrap each burrito individually in foil and place them in a freezer bag. When ready to eat them, remove them from the freezer and thaw them overnight in the fridge. Then reheat as directed above.
|490||45 g||38 g||18 g||8 g|
Snacks: High Protein Cereal
- 3/4 cup of magic spoon cereal (Amazon Link)
- 1 cup of FairLife Fat-free milk (Amazon Link)
|258||28 g||19 g||11 g||2 g|
Lunch: Turkey Avocado Sandwich
- 3 slices Sliced Turkey Breast ~83 g (Amazon Link)
- 2 slices Dave’s Killer Bread, Organic, 21 Whole Grain and Seeds (Amazon Link)
- 2 slices Tomato, Red, Raw (Amazon Link)
- 1 leaf of Lettuce (Amazon Link)
- 1 tbsp Mayo with Olive Oil, Reduced Fat (Amazon Link)
- 2 slice Turkey Bacon (Amazon Link)
- 1/4 sliced Avocado (Amazon Link)
- Assemble the sandwiches by adding a layer of turkey, avocado, bacon, and cheese to each slice of bread.
|487||40 g||55 g||15 g||14 g|
Snacks: Cottage Cottage Cheese and Almonds
- 1 cup of low-fat 1% cottage cheese (Amazon Link)
- 25 grams of sliced almonds (Amazon Link)
|304||33 g||8 g||15 g||3 g|
Dinner: BBQ Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- 1 lb. Chicken Breast (Amazon Link)
- 3 medium Sweet Potato (Amazon Link)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 cups Broccoli
- 4 tbsp BBQ Sauce
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a sheet pan, then add your chicken breast.
- Start boiling your chicken breasts for 3-4 minutes or just golden brown on each side.
- Meanwhile, dice your sweet potatoes and chop your broccoli.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven and add your sweet potato olive oil, salt, and pepper. Return the pan to the oven and roast until potatoes are tender, 20-25 minutes.
- After the potatoes have cooked for 20 minutes, add your broccoli to the pan and cook for 5-10 min.
- Remove the pan from the oven, drizzle BBQ sauce across the chicken and serve immediately.
|446||40 g||45 g||13 g||7 g|
Breakfast: Strawberry Blackberry Banana Smoothie
- 1/2 of a medium banana (Amazon Link)
- 1/2 cup of frozen strawberries (Amazon Link)
- 1/2 cup of frozen blackberries (Amazon Link)
- 1/3 cup of greek yogurt (Amazon Link)
- 3/4 cup milk (Amazon Link)
- 1 scope of protein powder (Link)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (Amazon Link)
- Add blackberries, bananas, and strawberries to the blender.
- Add low-fat milk to the blender.
- Add Greek yogurt, protein powder, and chia seeds to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Blend until smooth
- Pour the smoothie into a glass and enjoy!
|501||48 g||64 g||8 g||16 g|
Read more about the Blackberry Banana Strawberry Smoothie recipe.
Snacks: Protein Bar and Almonds
- No Cow protein bar (Amazon Link)
- 1 oz of almonds (Amazon Link)
|354||26 g||32 g||19 g||20 g|
Lunch: Chipotle Chicken Avocado Melt
- 3 oz Shredded Chicken Breast (Amazon Link)
- One Ciabatta Bread – cut in half (Amazon Link)
- 1/4 Avocado – sliced (Amazon Link)
- 1 slice of Gouda Cheese (Amazon Link)
- 1 tbsp Light Chipotle Mayo (Amazon Link)
- 1/2 oz Fire-Roasted Red Pepper (Amazon Link)
- Cook chicken breast and shred. Season with chipotle seasoning. – You can also use rotisserie chicken or the shredded 4-ingredient Crockpot Chicken
- Slice avocado, peppers, and toast bread.
- Assemble the sandwich and enjoy.
|515||34 g||30 g||25 g||4 g|
Snacks: String Cheese and Roasted Edamame
- 1 oz String Cheese (Amazon Link)
- 1/3 cup of Roasted Edamame (Amazon Link)
|203||23 g||10 g||9 g||6 g|
Dinner: Cod Sheet Pan Dinner
- 6 – 3 oz fillets of Cod (Amazon Link)
- 2 large Sweet Potato (Amazon Link)
- 2 cups of Broccoli (Amazon Link)
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil (Amazon Link)
- Lemon Juice from one lemon (Amazon Link)
- Dash of Lemon Pepper Seasoning (Amazon Link)
- Dash of Salt
- Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut sweet potatoes into small bite-sized pieces
- On a sheet pan, place parchment paper and add cod fillets and sweet potatoes.
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice, lemon pepper seasoning, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl.
- Pour mixture over cod fillets
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Add broccoli to a sheet pan and bake for an additional 10 minutes
|440||34 g||46 g||15 g||10 g|
Frequently Asked Questions
This 2000-calorie meal plan takes the guesswork out of dieting and provides healthy, satisfying meals.
With three different days of recipes, each includes instructions, ingredients (with links), calories, and macros.
You’ll know exactly what to eat daily to reach your fitness goals, whether that’s weight loss, muscle gain, or improving your overall health.
2000 calories a day may be more than you need, but this meal plan can easily be adjusted by adding or removing snacks and adjusting portion sizes. And if you have any questions, our team of Registered Dietitians is here to help!
Looking for more meal inspo?
Check out our other meal plans here.
- 1500-calorie meal plan
- 1600-calorie meal plan
- 1700-calorie meal plan
- 1800-calorie meal plan
- 1900-calorie meal plan
Remember: this post is for informational purposes only and may not be the best fit for you and your personal situation. It shall not be construed as medical advice. The information and education provided here is not intended or implied to supplement or replace professional medical treatment, advice, and/or diagnosis. Always check with your own physician or medical professional before trying or implementing any information read here.
Noah Quezada is a registered dietitian nutritionist. Noah specializes in helping people develop lifelong habits and skills that lead to a long and productive healthy life. Noah’s goal is to provide evidence-based nutrition information through blogging, video, podcasting, and coaching.