Are you looking to add more protein to your diet? A 2200-calorie, high-protein meal plan can help. This plan includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks that are all high in protein. And best of all, it’s easy to follow.
Here’s a shortened version of the 2200-calorie, high-protein meal plan:
- Breakfast: PB&J Overnight Oats
- Lunch: High Protein Bento Box
- Dinner: Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Snack: Greek Yogurt Parfait
- Snack: RX bar with Rice Cakes
As you can see, this meal plan includes protein-rich foods that will help you reach your daily protein goals. So if you’re looking to boost your intake of this essential nutrient, give this meal plan a try.
Table of Contents
What is a 2200-calorie meal plan, and why is it high in protein?
Simply, 2200 calorie meal plan is a diet that consists of 2200 calories per day, focusing on high protein foods. The average person needs 2000 calories per day to maintain their weight, so this meal plan is perfect for those looking to add more calories and protein to their diet.
What are some benefits of following a 2200-calorie meal plan high in protein?
- With the structure, you’ll be less likely to skip meals
- You’ll have the energy to perform in the gym
- You’ll gain muscle mass more quickly than on a standard diet.
- You’ll be less likely to feel hungry or deprived of this amount of calories.
What are some of the best protein sources for a 2200-calorie meal plan?
Some of the best sources of protein would include lean sources protein:
- low-fat dairy
Supplementing with a protein powder is also an option to ensure you get enough protein daily.
What are some tips for following a 2200-calorie meal plan high in protein?
- Make sure to eat breakfast.
- Pre-plan your meals and snacks for the day.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day to stay hydrated.
- Include two servings of fruit per day.
- Make sure to get in at least 30 grams of protein per meal
This 2200-calorie meal plan focused on protein has 175 grams of protein, 208 grams of carbohydrates, and 78 grams of fat.
- 2200 calories
- 175 g protein – 32% of 2200 calories
- 208 g carbohydrates – 38% of 2200 calories
- 78 grams fats – 31% of 2200 calories
- 37 grams fiber
PB&J Overnight Oats
- Mason Jar
- 40 g rolled oats
- 30 g peanut butter
- ½ cup milk
- 60 g Walnuts
- 100 g fresh raspberries
- 1 scoop of whey protein powder
- ½ cup greek yogurt
Add ingredients to a mason jar, mix well, and put in the fridge for 4-6 hours.
|505||41 g||49 g||17 g||9 g|
Greek Yogurt Granola & Peach
- 175 g cottage cheese
- 1 large peach
- 42 g granola
|395||27 g||32 g||11 g||g|
High Protein Bento Lunch Box
- One hard-boiled egg
- 1 ounce of almonds
- 1/2 cup of blueberries
- 1/2 cup of raspberries
- 1/4 cup cucumber slices
- 1 oz low-fat cheese
- 3 oz of sliced deli meat
- 5 whole wheat crackers
Slice and prep veggies and cook the eggs. Add ingredients to a meal prep container, and you are good to go!
|572||41 g||44 g||28 g||13 g|
- RX Bar Chocolate Sea Salt
- Rice Cake 2
|280||14 g||38 g||10 g||6 g|
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into small strips
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into small strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into small strips
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 375-400 degrees.
- Chop vegetables, and slice chicken into 1-inch thick strips. Season chicken with taco seasoning and olive oil.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring once through about halfway through.
|437||39 g||20 g||22 g||2 g|
How many carbs should I eat on a 2200-calorie diet?
On a 2200-calorie diet, you should aim for around 250 – 358 grams of carbohydrates per day. This equals about 45-65% of your daily caloric intake.
Are 2200 calories good for weight loss?
It depends! 2200 calories may be too much or too little for weight loss, depending on your individualized calorie needs. You’ll need to consult a registered dietitian or nutritionist to determine how many calories you should eat each day to lose weight.
How many servings of protein are required for a 2200-calorie diet?
A 2200-calorie diet would require approximately 4-6 ounces of protein per meal and 2-4 ounces of protein per snack.
What are some other high-protein meal plans?
If you’re looking for more high-protein meal ideas, check out these other meal plans:
- 1800 calorie high protein meal plan
- 2700 calorie high protein meal plan
- 1900 calorie high protein meal plan
A 2200-calorie diet can be a great way to fuel your body, especially if you want to build muscle.
Be sure to include plenty of protein-rich foods, veggies, and fruits, and drink plenty of water throughout the day to stay hydrated.
If you have questions about how many calories you should eat or what foods to include in your diet, sign up for my newsletter. I would be happy to help you create a meal plan that meets your individual needs!
– Registered Dietitian, Noah Quezada
Noah Quezada, ia a registered dietitian nutritionist. Noah specializes in helping people develop lifelong habits and skills that lead to a long and productive healthy life. This includes using evidence-based weight-loss strategies as well as ways to improve sleep, self-care, and being more physically active.