One of my favorite meal preps for Wednesday/midweek prep.
Fajita Beef Taco Bowl
- Stove top
- large sized saucepan
- Medium sized saucepan
- Meal Prep Containers (>16oz)
- Food scale
- 2 Pounds Ground Beef Use lean beef (97%) or ground bison
- 1 Whole Yellow Bell Pepper Buy Pre-sliced to save time
- 1 Whole Red Bell Pepper Buy Pre-sliced to save time
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion Buy chopped to save time
- 2 Cloves Fresh Garlic
- 1 15 oz can Black Beans Unsalted
- 1 15 oz can Sweet Corn
- 1 10 oz can Ro-Tel Diced tomato & Green Chilies
- 1 Packet Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2 cups Uncooked White Rice Can replace with lettuce or cauliflower rice
- 1 bunch Fresh Cilantro
- 2 Whole Fresh Limes
- Step 1: RICEMeasure out 2 cups of rice (360 grams). Add to cooking dish. Wash, by rinsing the rice until the water is clear. Cook rice in rice cooker or on stove.
- Step 2: Garlic and Onions Heat large (10-12 inch pan) to medium heat. Chop onion into small to medium diced size.Chop garlic clove's Add olive oil to pan. once oil is heated, add chopped onions and garlic to the pan. Lower heat to low/medium.Move to step 3.
- Step 3: Prep Bell Peppers and cook Wash and remove any stickers from bell peppersRemove head and core of bell pepper. Chop in half. Rinse seeds off. Slice bell pepper On a new medium pan heat 1 tbsp olive oil and add sliced bell bell peppers.
- Step 4: Cook Meat and FajitasAdd 32 oz of ground beef or ground bison to pan with olive oil onions and garlic. Break up the meat and and taco seasoning. (save a little for the bell peppers) Add the remaining taco seasoning to your fajitas.
- Step 5: Prep Cilantro and Limes While the meat and fajitas are cooking, prepare your clintrao by chopping up about 1/2 -1 cup. Set aside Cut 1 Lime in half and set aside.
- Step 6: Prep beans corn and tomatoesRemove lids from all three ( can of black beans, corn and Rotel tomatoes).Drain each can. Set Rotel Tomatoes aside.Mix the black beans and corn in a strainer and rinse.
- Step 7: Add Rotel to taco meat. mix and low temp on fajitas and taco meat. Add the can of drained rotel tomatoes to the taco mixture. Mix and lower the temperature. cook until meat have reached 165 degrees and more liquid has evaporated. Mix and lower mix of fajitas. Cook until minor blacking occurs.
- Step 8: Shred cheese and set aside Shredd about 10-16 oz of cheddar cheese.
- Step 9: Make Cilantro lime rice. Rice should be done cooking. Add in 1/2 cup of the chopped cilantro to your rice and the juice from 1 lime. Mix well.
- Step 10: Plating and storageStart by setting out all your meal prep containers. Evenly distributes all ingredients to to each container1/2 cup cilantro lime rice 1/2 cup taco mix (4 oz)1/3 cup black bean and corn mix 4-7 slices bell pepper 1-2 oz cheeseStore in fridge for 3-5 days.
Noah earned his degree in Human Nutrition – Dietitics through Metropolitan State University in 2015, he completed his dietetic internship in 2016 and obtained the registered dietitian nutritionist (RDN) credential in 2017.
Throughout his career in nutrition, Noah has coached hundreds of clients in a range of industries to lose weight, build muscle and live healthier lives.
Noah specializes in helping people develop lifelong habits and skills that lead to a long and productive healthy life. Noah aims to provide evidence-based nutrition information through blogging, video, podcasting, and coaching.